HABERKORN & Associates

How can I report an unsafe product?

As a consumer, you expect the products you buy in California to be safe. However, you may run across a product that is not. If this happens, you should report it so other people can be informed and watch out if they have bought the same product. It also helps ensure steps are taken to prevent more harm.

If you need to report an unsafe product, then you should report it to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. You should go to the CPSC's website to get the form. You will need to fill in information about the product, including where you bought it and what was wrong with it. You also have to supply information about yourself and your injuries. You should provide pictures of the product to help with identification.

You can file a report online or by mail. You can also do it over the phone. Once filed, it will be investigated. If the product is something under the CPSC's jurisdiction, all information can be verified and the product defect caused an injury, then it will likely be published in the CPSC's database, which is available to the public.

The CPSC will also give the manufacturer a chance to reply to the claim. If it has any information to add, such as recalls or remedies for the issue, they will be added to the report on the database. The manufacture's remarks may or may not be published. This information is only intended to educate and should not be interpreted as legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Our Video Center

Review Us

Absolutely FREE Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get In Touch

Contact Information

Toll Free : 650-268-8378 Fax : 650-332-1528

Haberkorn & Associates
2055 Woodside Rd., Suite 155 Redwood City, CA 94061
Redwood City Law Office Map